Well, day one in Kenya has commenced for us. We arrived here very early this morning, about 5:30 am local time, wide-eyed (for many reasons) and ready to just get off the plane and onto the ground. For those of you who aren't informed of our trip over it became an interesting adventure we weren't anticipating. As Brook wrote our last blog entry sitting in the airport at Harrisburg we were waiting on what we thought was a minor delay. Our minor delay went on into the 5 hour mark and we had no chance to make our international flight out of Washington D.C. We had two choices: wait a day and try again or take a different flight partner and go from Harrisburg to Philadelphia to Paris (which for the record, the airport resides in the middle of rural France) and after a nine hour layover to Nairobi. We chose the second option because we weren't thrilled of the idea of returning to HDC for 24 hours and sitting, thinking about our trip to come and then doing good-byes part 2. I tell you about our 36 hour trip not so you feel bad but just to share the "group bonding" experience we were able to have. I'm sure we don't all approach that with the same outlook but I chose and choose to laugh and move on. Enough said on that front...
As we exited the airport we were eagerly looking around the capital of our home for the next 5 months which was quickly interrupted by some also eager Kenyans who desired to load our bags for us. I, being somewhat unsuspecting of what was going on, thought they were friends to our contacts here in Nairobi but was suddenly corrected as the men who had finished loading our bags waited in expectation for their compensation. Ah... it finally connected to me. Welcome to Nairobi all! :) Other than that, we were able to meet George, the pastor of the church in Chipolet, and begin to get to know about him and the next 5 months. We have been impressed by our experience thus far and have been trying to take it all in but know we'll be learning the same names and answers to questions over as today we four reflect that of brain dead, walking zombies. Some chai and more sleep should do wonders. That's it for today.
All for his glory,
Colin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yeah colin! whoo, atta boy!
I'm so glad you made it safely! We figured no news was good news, when we didn't hear back from you the other night. :) We'll pray for a swift recovery from jet lag. :)
Blessings to you guys!
Hey, this is Stefan's friend Andrew, I am so excited for this adventure God is taking you all on! How blessed are the feet who bring the good news! I pray that Jesus reveals more and more how wonderful this news really is!!!
Keep blogging, I can then vicariously join in the adventure with you with reading and not just praying! I also want to be informed in my prayers. Stefan, how did Fiona handle the trip over? Is her jet lag bad? HAHA!
Well, God bless you as you get settled and I pray that God continues to surprise you with His love and that it would unify all your hearts in this journey of being Jesus to others and each other and letting God refine your love for Him!
Andrew
Post a Comment